Strategies for E-commerce SEO – Why professional Services Make a Difference!
The need for advanced SEO is widely acknowledged by marketers worldwide, yet, the constant changes of the online environment, the new technologies and consumer trends demand for a constant adaptation to ever newer realities. Specialized marketing sectors are now fully dedicated to e-commerce strategies and e-commerce SEO services provide not just a one-time “fix” but ongoing maintenance for their clients.
The main goal of on-page optimization is to improve website ranking; hence, all actions taken on the web pages converge in this direction. On-page Optimization is easy to control as the focus falls on several major targets.
- Keyword optimization covers keywords research, content creation based on keywords and keyword tracking.
- Site structure. A user-friendly site encourages sales. The more appealing the pages, the more time prospects will spend on them.
- Customer reviews serve great to improve business performance. Reviews are also a great source of unique content. By means of an automatic email system you can ask your customers for a review a few weeks after a purchase.
- Social Media presence engages the audience and encourages sales. You can offer discounts, freebies or special offers and spread the word on the social media channels.
- Mobile version of Website is crucial for e-commerce as more and more Internet users make purchases on their mobile gadgets.
All these marketing goals represent critical points of any e-commerce website.
Q&A Content increases sales!
Question & Answer content provides e-commerce websites with a great opportunity to reach out to a wider audience. This Q&A approach solves the problem of unique content that most e-commerce websites face. The product description – which sometimes is just a line long – is totally insufficient to satisfy the client’s need for information. And with too little information available, the marketer has lower chances to make a sale.
Here are some of the advantages that come along with this system:
- The question and answer bring certain product features under the spotlight.
- Improvement of conversion rate if the client’s concerns are addressed in the answer;
- Rank improvement for long-tail keywords and question-driven keywords if it is crawlable content;
- Motivating users by rewards, competition and other game dynamics that keep web visitors engaged.
Is social sharing a good idea for e-commerce SEO or not?
The presence of social sharing buttons on product pages remains debatable.
- Opposing views argue that the purpose of the product page is to trigger a sale and that the buyer should not be distracted. Social sharing is considered more convenient at other points in the buying process like after the purchase or after the publication of a review.
- Supporting views claim that sharing a favorite product has great marketing value and marketers could thus benefit from more exposure for their products/services.
Fast loading pages!
SEO strategies should not overlook the loading speed of the product pages. Users don’t like to wait for a product page to load. Unless they get access to it fast, they will continue their search or shopping elsewhere. Studies indicate increased conversion rates for fast loading pages.
Professional e-commerce optimization services can improve website performance at two separate, yet, equally important levels: the user’s level and the search engine’s level.