Google Penalty Removal, a Long-Term Process with No Quick Fixes!
When a website is hit by a penalty, its impact is immediate and visible even if you don’t receive a penalty notice from Google. Instant and significant drop in rankings and traffic represent the strongest indicator of penalty. SEO professional services for Google penalty removal are the most efficient solution in such critical circumstances to get a website back in business.
Google gives two types of penalty to websites: manual penalty and algorithmic penalty.
- Manual penalties are given when a website is reviewed by a member of the Google web spam team and violations of Google’s guidelines are identified. For manual penalties, Google sends a notification via the Webmaster Tools account.
- Algorithmic penalties occur when the Google Algorithm detects an unnatural signal in a site’s activity. No direct notification is sent for such penalties.
Website assessment for SEO repairs
Prior to improving website issues with Google, a professional SEO service provider will run an in-depth analysis and assessment of the website. This website Audit enables the identification of all the Penguin and Panda issues and the areas where the website fails to meet Google requirements.
As part of the assessment, the specialists will perform:
- Plagiarism check for the primary website content;
- Check for duplicate content and poor quality content;
- Spam audit to identify hidden links, hidden texts, cloaking and other black hat practices;
- Anchor text analysis;
- Link analysis;
- Over-optimization check and other Penguin penalty investigations.
Google Penalty Removal consists of a whole range of tasks and procedures meant to correct the aspects identified and presented in the penalty audit. In addition to the primary assessment, most professional SEO services provide removal and cleanup services as well as search engine optimization maintenance if needed.
Challenges for penalty removal
Removing penalty is a tedious and time-consuming process. It is difficult to determine how much time is needed to remove penalty and make a website perform well in searches.
- There are no guarantees that the penalty cleanup will work.
- Google provides no support in the process and the websites linking to your pages are beyond control. The only choice here is to remove bad links, otherwise, as long as they remain, so does the penalty.
- According to Webmaster Support, the web re-crawling process takes a number of weeks, so it could be a while before your web pages are indexed again.
- 3 or 5-day recovery promises are not reliable, although they abound on the web these days.
Disavow Tool for SEO experts
The Google Disavow Tool has been created by the search engine giant to allow web masters to remove bad links and clear websites.
- This instrument requires technical knowledge to operate.
- It is not a tool of choice, and it should not be used under normal circumstances: its use is advisable only when certain back-links are known for sure to be harmful.
- It is not a reset button, and the majority of websites do not need it.
- The disavowed links must be re-crawled and re-indexed before the disavowal actions go into effect.
Recovery is serious business that needs the hand of a pro, as most marketers lack the technical knowledge and experience to handle assessment and SEO recovery tasks.