Seven Areas where SEO Professionals Need to be Aware of the Current Developments
It’s a must-do-thing in every SEO company that their professionals need to be updated about the current developments happening in the SEO industry. A successful SEO campaign can only be executed if the professionals possess knowledge and ability, other than certifications, tools and techniques used. Here is a list of seven areas that every SEO professional should have some familiarity with. Keep in mind that you do not need to have an in-depth knowledge of each of these, but must be aware of what’s happening inside each one of them.
- On-Page SEO – As you know this is the absolute basics, but must-know thing for every SEO professional. The main aspects of the on-page SEO includes title tag, URLs, H1s and page content. On-page optimization has become common knowledge for many people who are not professionally an SEO specialist. This makes it much more significant for true SEO professionals to thoroughly understand this area, and how to apply the routinely changing best practices of titles, content and metas.
- Keyword Research - Keyword research still plays a vital role in Search engine optimization even if semantic search and search intent is displacing the traditional functionality of keywords. You do not require any specialized tools to do keyword research campaign, but you should know basically how to conduct it. You need to find solutions for queries such as “What keywords will drive the most targeted traffic?” and “What keywords are best for a specific website?”. According to industry experts, a great SEO starts with the top-level keyword research campaign.
- Link Profile – Link building is another area which is at the same level as the on-page factor, and the link profile of a website has the most impact on how the site is returned in search engine results. As an SEO specialist, you should understand the impact of a link profile, what defines a good quality link, and what an unnatural or spammy link is.
- Geo-targeted or Local SEO – Local SEO defines how a local enterprise gets search engine traffic, and therefore more local customers. Like other areas of SEO, local search optimization is a vast field and the basic idea includes NAP (Name, Address, and Phone number). These bits of information are part of the business enterprise’s local citations happen when the company is mentioned online. Usually, these mentions are in directories or other local listings, and the business firm must have profiles on the web. Internet profiles such as Google Local, Foursquare and Yelp are important for a business to have local traffic. When it comes to local search, reviews are another important aspect to look out for. Beware of negative reviews that can damage the visibility of the business in local search results.
- Pay-per-click (PPC) – Many Internet Marketing companies focus on both organic search and paid search, and if you do not know how to login to Google Adwords and personalize ad campaigns, no problem. It is only necessary to understand that there are such things as paid searched, and these are what appear as advertisements in search engine results.
- Web Development – We optimize websites and for a poor quality website, you cannot expect high quality traffic thereby top SERP rankings. So, as an SEO expert, you need to aware of the latest happenings in the web development world. There are some professionals who enter the field from a background in web development. It is certainly not necessary to know how to develop web pages, but knowing about web development will help you in understanding and advising web developers on how to implement SEO tactics into their site.
- Content Marketing – Since it’s one of the important building blocks of SEO, you cannot ignore it. For your information, content marketing is something you have to do in order to succeed. Also, in order to succeed in online marketing, every business must be a creator and contributor of high quality content. It is high quality and relevant content (especially images and videos) that attract more clicks, likes, shares and comments via social networking platforms.
Other areas that you should be aware of include mobile SEO, social media optimization (SMO), guest blogging, HTTP status codes, algorithm updates, guest blogging, semantic search, penalties, conversion optimization and finally, user experience.