Local SEO is Necessary for a Business Having Physical Location
We know that for any kind of business website, SEO is necessary as effective optimization strategies boost site rankings in various search engine platforms that includes Google and Yahoo. But that is not case with businesses having physical locations or local business enterprises such as restaurants, automobile dealers and pet shops, as they need to attract clients/customers to their physical locations to purchase the product/service. These kinds of local businesses indeed have websites but the ultimate aim of doing SEO is to get target customers/clients to visit the physical location of these business enterprises.
So, if you are doing SEO for local enterprise, then you have to add some local search tactics to your overall SEO plan thereby the website will show up in organic search results along with map pack. It is highly beneficial for local enterprises as clients/customers love see the local businesses they like showing up in the organic results along with map pack on their mobile. You have to start planning your SEO strategy with some local search mix so that in future, you can compete with bigger players.
Few Local SEO Suggestions to Include in Your Plan
When you are developing on a suitable SEO strategy for your enterprise, there are some important aspects that will help in boosting your local search rankings. These aspects are extremely significant when it comes to your landing pages for your “Google My Business Places Plus Local for Business” listings. If your local business venture has multiple storefronts, then you should have a unique location landing page for each “Google My Business” listing. Or, if you have one physical location, then local search optimization has to be done on your home page itself. Here are few important aspects that might help you in coming up with an effective SEO campaign for your local business.
- Local relevance can be made powerful by including city and state info in the URL on your webpages other than the homepage.
- You must have seen many local enterprises have better rankings in the local search results it is because they insert city/state info in the title tag.
- When preparing content strategy, don’t forget include location details such as city/state info in your content.
- H1 heading is another place where you can insert city/state info and whatever heading you got, don’t forget to add it.
- Make sure that you include embedded Google map and check that the map points to your actual “Google My Business” listing and not just a map that points to your business location address.
- For getting a boost click through rate for localized search results, including city/state info in the meta description is an effective technique.
For businesses such as pet shops, auto dealers and restaurants, local SEO is a must as it can ensure your site get the right organic clicks and can make sure the customers/clients you targeted will visit your storefront. If you need help with optimizing your website locally, you can get SEO assistance from experts who can offer you solutions based your requirements at competitive rates.