A combination of these two success elements can assure a stable growth at any stage. Sounds pleasant to the ears, but not really possible right? Well, the happy news is, it is! And it is known as Pay Per Click Advertising.
Pay per Click advertising or PPC is a way of using search engine advertising to obtain clicks to your website, without waiting for organically attained results. The sponsored ads you see on the top of Google’s search results’ page marked with yellow label are what PPC is all about. Not only can they be found in search engines, but also in query sites such as Yahoo Answers, Quora, etc., mobile apps and other popular websites.
How It Works
Every time an ad is clicked and someone reaches your site, you have to pay a fixed minimal fee to search engine or hosting websites. The success factor of PPC is all about the advertising style. This type of advertising is a great idea if the ad is well designed and is running smoothly. But if the visits to your websites does not result in sales and you have to pay more for it than you get, then this idea is a no brainer.
Why It is Ultimately Good for Everyone
- Searchers: A recent survey shows searchers click on paid ads more than any other form of online advertising. This indicates that people don’t mind being advertised to, as long as it fits their needs and desires. Being on a reliable search engine’s pages prove the credibility as well in an indirect way.
- Advertisers: They are offered a unique way of putting out their message in front of everyone who is interested in their product and actively seeks its qualities. Also, advertisers can measure the quality of traffic that results from search engine clicks.
- Search Engines: They now obtain dual functionality as they can cater for the needs of both searchers and advertisers. The searchers are their user base, and the advertisers offer them revenue.
A unique feature about Google in this aspect is that they do not just give up their advertising space to the highest bidder. The quality and content of the bidders are considered, evaluated and ranked and the spaces are assigned based on these rankings.
Keyword Research for Effective PPC Marketing
This is a time consuming and intricate process, but also equally relevant as well. Finding the right words can turn a no sale add into a click accumulating one instantly. An effective PPC keyword list should be:
- Relevant- You have to find that set of keywords that will lead to high PPC click through rate, a low cost per click and increased rate. That means the keywords you bid on should be relevant to your website.
- Exhaustive- Don’t go for those keywords that are too common and can generate a lot of ads but for ones with long tail words.
- Expansive- PPC changes constantly. You have to perform additions and deletions, improve and expand your options to get the end result you need.
With a lot of advantages and affordable rates, and comparatively less field work than other promotion methods, PPC is a great option to revolutionize your sales.